Saturday, November 19, 2011

SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 10.1

SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 10.1
SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 10.1
We're in the point now where Honeycomb tablets tend to be launching at an ever-accelerating speed, just like Android phones. Typically, I've been ignoring them. I was so disappointed with Honeycomb after i tested the Xoom that I chose to wait for a major revise before giving it another chance. I'm giving that shot in order to Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10. 1. This really is Samsung's first Honeycomb-powered tablet, and possibly the best competitor to the iPad at this time.

Samsung has been absolutely mashing it with Android phones. It's put out some of my favorites to date, including the Nexus S as well as Infuse 4G.

My tablet of preference is still the iPad. I've the heavier, original version now (awaiting the iPad 3), therefore it was refreshing to use the actual super thin and light Universe Tab. For the record, the Tab is technically thinner and lighter compared to iPad 2. But the difference is really minute, you won't even discover.

Even though the tablet is actually thin and sturdy enough, I wish Samsung didn't choose the plastic backing. Sure, it shaves off a little bit of weight, but I'd have not a problem sacrificing that for metal or even glass like Apple does using the iPad and iPhone. The plastic makes the Tab feel a lot more like a toy than a severe computing device.

But that's an extremely, very minor flaw with the look, and the only one really worth mentioning. I'm a big Samsung fan with regards to displays, and the 10. 1-inch screen about the Galaxy Tab doesn't disappoint. It's a higher resolution than the actual iPad 2, and is just like bright. Video looks incredible. Contact response is top-notch. Samsung is victorious here.

Under the hood, the Galaxy Tab is equally as impressive. It sports the same sharp Tegra 2 dual-core processor that lots of other Android phones and tablets happen to be running on. It does a great job loading web pages as well as games with 3D graphics without having crushing the battery. Bravo.

Talking about battery, it has excellent overall performance. I set the screen's lighting to max, so I probably didn't obtain the best life I could possess. But I could still obtain two days' worth of regular use from it. No problem.

I'm still not in love with rear-facing cameras on tablets however. I can't see why I'd wish to whip out a 9 or 10 inch device to consider a photo. That being stated, the rear-facing camera on the Tab does the task. So does the front-facing digital camera for video chatting over Search engines Talk.

Honeycomb Is Still The Wreck. I'm more than aware I will get a lashing in the comments with this, but I'll say it anyhow. Honeycomb is the only point holding Android-based tablets back.

A few of the bugs have been fixed within version 3. 1, but it isn't enough. Overall, the user interface is really a pain to navigate, and the Android Market is really a mess. The app selection for tablets continues to be just as bad as it had been back in February, even after developers have experienced about four months to focus on that.

SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 10.1
SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 10.1
But Samsung did include among my favorite tablet apps using the Galaxy Tab, Quickoffice. Quickoffice is definitely an all-in-one app for word paperwork, spreadsheets, and presentations, and this now works seamlessly with Honeycomb. You may also connect to your Dropbox, Container. net, or Google Docs accounts and pull in files saved online.

The only place Honeycomb genuinely shines is multitasking. Tapping the rectangular icon within the task bar brings up your operating apps. With one tap you are able to pick up where you remaining off. Apple has yet in order to nail multitasking in iOS, also it looks like iOS 5 will you need to be more of the same.

The only method I can see Samsung saving Honeycomb will be with its TouchWiz skin. The Galaxy Tab ships using what is essentially stock Android 3. 1 at this time, but Samsung reps told me personally an update with TouchWiz is coming come july 1st.

SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 10.1 skin will add more built-in apps like a loan calculator and calendar to Honeycomb's task bar that may run in pop up windows inside currently-running apps. Samsung didn't have any screenshots or even live demos of what TouchWiz will appear like though, but I can only hope they have a serious look at Honeycomb's clunky interface and make an effort to fix it.

0 comments: